The Canterbury Masters Figure Skating Club (CMFSC) has it’s origins in an informal skating club – the Alpine Ice Arena’s “coffee club”. This is held twice weekly, and has fostered enthusiasm for ice skating amongst a wide range of adults for many years. The CMFSC was founded in 2004 as a response to this enthusiasm.
Membership is open to skaters of all ages and abilities.
The goals of the Club –
- to help all the members, particularly adults, to improve their skating skills in a friendly and helpful atmosphere
- run competitions – to give members an opportunity to test themselves, and show their abilities and improvement
- provide opportunities for members to expand their knowledge of skating off the ice as well as on
- promote social events………….
New Members are always welcome – go to the membership page
- Kath Craven – Patron
- Jeanne Begej – President
- Kirsty Cox – Vice President
- Arnold Schmidt – Treasurer
- Vanessa Anderson – Secretary
- Jeanette King – Test and Competition Secretary
- Other Members – Aleksandra Jarmolik, Alastair Christie, Kanako Johnson, Vera Domigan and Sarah Button
The CMFSC Constitution (2009) spells out the purpose of the club, the types of membership and how to belong and responsibilities.